Archive for June, 2009
WHEN: JULY 10th 2009
A day where everyone around the world participate in making the world a happier place! Founded by Liberto Pereda of Portugal, Ambassadors from each country are spearheading initiatives to encourage people to participate in this memorable day. The US Ambassadors are Dr. Aymee Coget, CEO of The American Happiness Association, Eva Gregory & Jeannie Gabilinni, Law of Attraction Experts. A list of worldwide Ambassadors are located at the Facebook group.
Choose to spread happiness on July 10th, 2009
Events will be held all over the world.
Participate in International Happiness Day a variety of ways!
* Become a member of the American Happiness Association to be abreast of the latest developments or sign up for the newsletter (free)
* Join the Facebook Group for International Happiness Day
* Sign the UN Petition for support of International Happiness Day
* Join or Start a happiness club!
* Contact your country’s Ambassador to volunteer to help!
* Attend or host an event for your community on July 10th, 2009
* Tell your local media about this day
Practice Happiness Science on this day through:
> Gratitude practice
> 5 acts of kindness
> Smile at strangers
> Appreciate, Admire and give affection to others
Interestingly, this was part of a reading assignment in one of my books on Leadership by Richard Daft. I liked the message enough that I wanted to share. Hope you enjoy it.
1. You will receive a body.
You may like it or hate it, but it will be yours for the entire period this time around.
2. You will learn lessons.
You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called life. Each day in this school you will have the opportunity to learn lessons. You may like the lessons or think them irrelevant and stupid.
3. There are no mistakes, only lessons.
Growth is a process of trial, error, and experimentation. The “failed” experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiment that ultimately “works.”
4. A lesson is repeated until learned.
A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it, you can go on to the next lesson.
5. Learning lessons does not end.
There is no part of life that does not contain lessons. If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned.
6. “There” is no better than “here.”
Where your “there” has become “here” you will simply obtain another “there” that will, again, look better than “here.”
7. Others are mirrors of you.
You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself.
8. What you make of your life is up to you.
You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.
9. Your answers lie inside you.
The answers to life’s questions lie inside you. All you need to do is look, listen, and trust.
10. Whether you think you can or can’t, in either case you’ll be right. Think about it.
11. You will forget all this or you will choose to remember.
12. Should you choose to remember, you will know that with forgiveness, love and trust you will embrace all that is yours. Take your place as a guide and undertake to live your life in absolute abundance, love and adventure.
Have a fantastic day! Hope you get to spend some time with your family and kids, as well as a little time doing whatever it is that makes your soul sing. I know for my dad, he’s probably going to hit the links with my mom and sister. Sounds like a nice way to spend a Sunday. Hope yours is just as happy!
- When you love the work you do and the people you do it with, you matter.
- When you are so gracious and generous and aware that you think of other people before yourself, you matter.
- When you leave the world a better place than you found it, you matter.
- When you continue to raise the bar on what you do and how you do it, you matter.
- When you teach and forgive and teach more before you rush to judge and demean, you matter.
- When you touch the people in your life through your actions (and your words), you matter.
- When kids grow up wanting to be you, you matter.
- When you see the world as it is, but insist on making it more like it could be, you matter.
- When you inspire a Nobel prize winner or a slum dweller, you matter.
- When the room brightens when you walk in, you matter.
- And when the legacy you leave behind lasts for hours, days or a lifetime, you matter